20110518

A Synopsis: February, March, April, May

So, it's been awhile, probably evidenced by how much has happened since February. Since my last post, I've been busy doing this...





Building our garden beds with 75 of Fayetteville's coolest volunteers. The garden is now in production, and we're having another workday this Sunday, hopefully followed by our very first community potluck!

and this...



Volunteering with Northwest Arkansas Community College's culinary students at Apple Seed's free family cooking class hosted at Leverett Elementary. I'll be cooking a class at Leverett on May 31 at 6:00 on how to use fresh produce on a budget. Yum!

and this...

























My concentration for AP Studio Art, which is horrendously out of order above here, but html code is frustrating and I don't feel like rearranging them. These are 12 or the 29 pieces I submit for my portfolio -- my concentration focused on the beauty of industrial structures that have aged with the elements. I'm just wishin' on that 5...

and this...






Shifting power with 10,000 youth from around the country (and world!) in Washington D.C. during Powershift 2011. The conference focused on shifting to a clean energy economy through grassroots organization on a local level (accompanied with bi-annual, ginormous conferences like this one...).

while doing this...





Hanging out with my long lost family! The first picture is of me and my sister Melissa, who just graduated (so proud of her). That second one's Claire, my most adorable second cousin that we've almost kidnapped several times. Her parents were around there somewhere...

...not to mention taking three AP Exams (in addition to submitting my portfolio), planning a Summer of Solutions program, finalizing the details of my exchange, and securing an internship at the coolest restaurant in town -- Brick House Kitchen.

So, I'm sorry that I've been avoiding writing all this down. It's nearly summer time, which means that I get excited by all the colors flowing out of Farmers' Market, and I get antsy to sing on the square and learn new instruments (I'm learning diatonic accordion now!), which means that I have more to write about and the time (heh!) to do it.

Looking forward to being here a little more regularly.

All the best,
Serena

3 comments:

  1. Your art is BEAUTIFUL. I love the textures in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serena, what a great idea for your portfolio. Those are all lovely! I love that you're doing so much for the community (and the nation) and I know you're going to do so many good things for so many different people!

    - Aricka

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES.

    JUST YES.

    I love these pieces. I've been updated on everything else but these works.

    WOW.

    <3

    ReplyDelete